Keeping Families Safe
We want you to know that the health, safety and overall wellbeing of our family, and yours, are always our top priority.
With this in mind, we have been closely monitoring the rapidly-changing situation around COVID-19 (commonly referred to as coronavirus), responding to new information as it arises and preparing for all possible scenarios, and adapting our processes to deliver the highest quality products and services in the safest way possible.
We are following the guidance provided by the CDC, WHO, CFIA and local health departments in regards to this matter. Out of an abundance of caution, we have taken the following steps beyond our usual high standards:
- We prepared our Milky Mama Team Members and re-emphasized existing sanitation and illness policies, including frequent and proper hand washing.
- We’ve emphasized what Milky Mama Team Members can do to keep themselves and others safe, including not touching one’s face, and staying home if sick.
- Our Milky Mama Team Members are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
- We have implemented enhanced protocols for cleaning and sanitizing bakery equipment, including cleaning more frequently and adding additional cleanings with peroxide solution in high-touch point locations.
- All frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, countertops, equipment, and doorknobs, are cleaned with antibacterial/viral disinfectant.
- We have increased the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitizers, wipes, and antibacterial/viral disinfectant spray throughout our location with a scheduled cleaning routine throughout the day.
- We will continue to adjust our processes and services following WHO, CFIA and CDC guidelines.
Some common questions that may arise are:
Will there be any shipping delays?
We are happy to announce that all orders will be processed and shipped out within 1-3 business days of placing the order! Please place your order in advance to account for expected delays. Please visit your respective shipping company's website for further updates regarding delays and timeframes. Milky Mama does not take responsibility for any delays in shipment for unforeseen circumstances.
- Effective November 27th, 2020 and until further notice, we continue to ship out all orders using the following carriers: CPX, Canada Post, UPS & FedEx. Please do note that ALL shipping providers are experiencing record setting levels of shipping volume, coupled with COVID-19 distancing procedures in the sorting hubs; causing a 2-3 week delay. Packages marked 'label created' or 'ready for shipment' are currently in transit and tracking numbers should be updated soon. *Please do note that Canada Post is experiencing the MOST delays. For a faster delivery option, please continue to opt for UPS or FedEx.
- Effective August 6th, 2020 and until further notice, we have decided to add CPX which is Canada Post XPress for a more cost-effective shipping option.
- Effective July 4th, 2020 and until further notice, we have decided to re-add Canada Post and UPS to our list of shipping carriers as they have overcome their major delays and not as backlogged. Please still do expect some delays when selecting Canada Post (up to 14 business days).
- Effective June 21, 2020 and until further notice, we have decided to remove Canada Post & UPS from our list of shipping carriers. All orders placed with these carriers prior to this date, will still proceed with no further changes. Canada Post & UPS are experiencing heavy delays at their sorting facilities, leading to delays of up to 21 business days. As a result, there may be no scans or delayed scans - this means that the information shown by your Tracking Number may not be 100% accurate. You may see “The sender has created a shipping label” when your package is really on its way. You may also see that your package is 'stuck' at a certain location when it's really on it's way. Not to worry, this is a normal occurrence at this time, and tracking numbers will be updated shortly.
- Effective March 26, 2020 and until further notice, all shipping carriers have suspended their Service Guarantee (also referred to as the Money Back Guarantee) for all shipments from any origin to any destination.
If there are any breastfeeding tips that we can share with you while you are waiting, please let us know and we will be happy to do so! We thank you for your continued patience <3.
Will my treats still be fresh even with all the delays?
If you have ordered Lactation Treats, don't worry about the freshness being compromised! They will be fresh for 2 weeks from the day they arrive to you, and for 3 months in the freezer afterwards. We take into account an approximate 2-3 week holdup when notifying our customers that they are fresh for 2 weeks on the shelf. Thank you so much for your patience.
Is it safe to receive a package from any area where COVID-19 has been reported?
The World Health Organization states, "Yes. The likelihood of an infected person contaminating commercial goods is low and the risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, traveled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature is also low."
Are there any planned closures?
At this time, the risk to our community is low, and there is no planned closure. However, for the safety of our team and your family, all in-person groups have been cancelled until further notice. If you need breastfeeding support, we encourage you to join our online Lactation Support Group by clicking here.
Can I still breastfeed if I have COVID-19?
The continuation of breastfeeding is recommended if mom has COVID-19. This is because if someone in your household has COVID-19, it's very likely that your baby has been exposed to it as well. Continuing to breastfeed during this time will offer many benefits and antibodies for your baby.
If you have been diagnosed with or suspect you have COVID-19, it's important to practice proper precautions to prevent the spread of the virus. These precautions include wearing a mask when near a child (including during feeding), washing hands before and after contact with the child (including feeding), and cleaning/disinfecting contaminated surfaces.
We are honoured to be a part of your breastfeeding journey! If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.